[Geysers] Fountain and Great Fountain

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 13 21:20:24 PDT 2012

Thanks for the report Maureen.I did not observe any overflows over 90 minutes while I was there.I just ran statistics for Great Fountain.  I treated the electronic times as closed intervals.  Since the road opened, 24 closed intervals have been recorded, and 5 doubles.  The mean for the 24 closed intervals is 12h01m, with a median of 11h48m.  Closed intervals varied from a minimum of 8h28m (visual start to electronic time) to a maximum of 16h02m (visual start to electronic start).  It takes overflow 5 to 15 minutes after the visual start to trigger an electronic start on the monitor.  Overall mean, including the double intervals is 12h04m.  Even with the 28h44m (presumed) double interval from June 12 to June 13, the overall mean is still running almost half an hour shorter than the overall mean for 2011. Fountain statistics for May 14 through June 13--19 closed and 17 double intervals--minimum closed interval = 8h34m, maximum closed interval = 12h55m, mean of closed iintervals = 11h16m, overal mean 11h24m.  As Maureen noted, from June 10-13, double intervals have been 21h45m, 22h07m, and 22h13m, for a mean of 11h00m. Lynn Stephens