[Geysers] Bubbles at Artemisia

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 7 16:01:34 PDT 2012

This morning when I arrived at Artemisia, it took me a little while before I noticed one of the catch basins was filled with whatappeared to be soap bubbles.  Bill Warnock helped relay the information to the VEC.  A law enforcement ranger came out to takea few pictures.  He did not have authorization to collect a sample to determine whether they actually were soap bubbles.  Ron and StephenGemar and an interpretive ranger looked at the bubbles and agreed with me that they appeared to be soap bubbles.  The 1326 eruptionof Artemisia washed the bubbles away.  Stephen called the eruption time on the FRS radio.  The VEC asked whether the eruption wasproducing any more bubbles, but it didn't. Atomizer had its major eruption during Artemisia, which is so NOT cool because you can't hear the steam phase of Atomizer. Lynn Stephens