[Geysers] Geyser Report Saturday, June 2, 2012

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 14:48:26 PDT 2012

Today was a beautiful morning!  The afternoon thunderstorms did arrive
a bit earlier than anticipated, but with very interesting banded
clouds!

Beehive: 0643 (water@ 0633, indicator at 0634)  9 minute indicator
Grand: 0955 G___   Weather alerts had me hurrying to the car right
after it started.
Plume: 0623, 0709, 0805, 0857, 0955
Lion: 0508ie  apparently the end of the series
N Goggles: minors at 0705, 0831, 0851
Little Cub ie @ 0721, 0835, 0918
Depression: 0725ie
Aurum: 0716
Castle was in steam phase when Jim Scheirer arrived 0508
Riverside: 0723ie
Daisy: 0931
Great Fountain: 0827 P=8 per Steve Eide
Fountain: 1117 d=48 (but I don't record the seconds, so others may
differ on this)
White Dome: 1101

Morning's thief appeared frequently during the early part of
Fountain's eruption.  One was particularly impressive.

LOTS of bison on/along the W entrance, and lots of bison pies on the
roadway.  The gingersnap remains (how they appear after enough cars
have driven over them) were not all washed away by the rain.  There
are a few areas with every inch repaved with bison evidence.  There is
no dodging it.  No delays either coming or going today, except for
some patches of dense fog going in.  I made my usual call passing
through the LGB, inquiring for info to be relayed to Old Faithful, and
considered following it with a query as to whether anyone could
actually see anything in the fog there at 0615.

Birds are everywhere--swallows, cowbirds, herons, sandhill cranes.
robins, bluebirds, osprey, and oodles of small things I can't
identify.

Barbara Lasseter