[Geysers] Geyser Report Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 17:09:30 PDT 2012

Beehive: 1148 [7/23 @ 2110]
Beehive's Indicator: 1130
Grand: [7/23 @ 2141e], 0507 (0517e), 1049 G1C (5hr 42min interval)
This eruption lasted about 9-1/2 min, and vent did not erupt until 8
minutes, 12 seconds into Grand.  Very Interesting!  Note the
discrepency  between the observed atomic time of 0507 and the
electronic time of 0517.  I understand the delay is maybe 2 minutes,
suggesting an issue with the park service timing device.
Plume: 0640ie, 0734, ..., 0918, 1014, 1108, 1157
Little Cub ie @ 0705, 0746, 0825, 0900, 0936
Depression: 0741ie, 1115
Aurum: 0802
Oblong: 1050
Riverside: 0550, 1201
Daisy: 0630, 0905, 1140
Grotto in marathon since about midnight, and Bijou was off while
waiting for Grand--notice how free I am with the word "waiting"--I
have no Turbans to report.  It was ie as I arrived, and that was it!
Small crowd, too!
Great Fountain: 0014e, 1138 p=9
No Fountain as of the time I drove past.
Flood: 0633ie
N Goggles minor: 0619, 0657, 0738, 0831
The "Mouth" feature across from Arrowhead started at 0807 and was
again ie @ 0942
Sawmill had a start @ 0955
Tilt's Baby was full but not pulsing  as I made a trip to the lower
store before going to Grand, then empty at 1027 as I headed back to
Grand.

Barbara Lasseter