[Geysers] Augment guidebook with website

greg mushial gmushial at gmdr.com
Tue Jul 24 12:22:14 PDT 2012

"
I would welcome any corrections or other constructive suggestions from
geyser gazers. This is an especially good time to let me know anything you
have observed that doesn?t belong in this book or that can be improved,
since we are preparing a new edition of the guidebook.

Gazers must accept, though, that the geyser information has to be quite
general in a book that cannot be updated every year. While I may salivate
over those Morning Geyser eruptions that didn't keep going long enough for
me to get there, I can't justify mentioning treats like that.
"

I'm new to the list...  but suspect we all have the same problem: trying to
keep guides current. In the PCT (Pacific Crest Trail) world, one approach
has been to put the non-changing physical features in a dead-tree edition,
and provide a link to a website where the most current information is kept
and updated - besides: websites are much easier to update/modify than any
larger document. Just a thought...  and am looking forward to spending most
of next week as a gazer [will be very first time for the wife to see a
geyser - so, very much looking forward to sharing the magic with her].
dr greg