[Geysers] Lemon Spring

Karen Low yellowstonekaren at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 18:35:39 PDT 2012

I've been driving Firehole Lake Drive a bit more often this week on tours, and I've noticed Lemon Spring with lowered water level twice.  I know I've seen the water level down in it before, but it seemed to be maybe once a month last summer.  On Tuesday, 7/17/12 it was at overflow when I went by in the early afternoon (~1:30pm) for my first tour, water level was down when I went by on my second tour (~4:45pm), and back up to overflow on my third tour (~7:30pm).  Today (7/1912) when I went by with a tour (~3:15pm) it was overflowing, and then on my next tour (~5:30pm) the water level was down about two feet.

Has it been varying so frequently often this summer?

Karen Low