[Geysers] Geyser Report Thursday, July 19, 2012

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 14:30:42 PDT 2012

Low on my way into the park this AM was 35--it warmed up quickly.  I
rode the bike comfortably to F&M at 0730 with no outer wear (and no
Fan and Mortar eruption, either).  Giantess was continuing to boil
promisingly this AM.

Beehive: no eruption this AM since the one at 2354 last night.
Grand: 0400e, 1124-2 bursts
West Triplet: 1154
Plume: 0849, 0948ie, 1045ie, ..,1238
Lion: 0631
Aurum: 1307
Castle: 0312e major
Oblong: 0538ns, 1206ie
Riverside: 545ie, 1156
Daisy: 0538ns, ..., 1048, 1318ie
Grotto: 0525ie (off before 0753), 1226
Grotto Fountain: 1224
Great Fountain: 0610VR
Pink Cone: 0656
Sawmill: 0659ie,  new start @ 1114
N Goggles minor: 0846, 0956
Artemisia: 1045ie
Till: 1338ie

At 0959 F&M had 2 splashes in main vent, followed by the weakest event
cycle I've ever seen.  River had been on for 4 minutes at the time of
the splashes.  Gold came on 4 minutes after.  There was very little
water anywhere from the get-go.  I understand there was a very nice
event cycle last evening, however.

Barbara Lasseter