[Geysers] EXTERNAL: Radio Broadcasting

Paul Strasser upperbasin at comcast.net
Mon Jul 16 20:07:47 PDT 2012

The whole idea seemed odd to me, because the FCC regs about FRS
transmissions are pretty specific.

Here is what I found after a few minutes s googling,. From the FCC regs:

§ 95.194   (FRS Rule 4) FRS units.

 (c) You may not attach any antenna, power amplifier, or other apparatus to
an FRS unit that has not been FCC certified as part of that FRS unit. There
are no exceptions to this rule and attaching any such apparatus to a FRS
unit cancels the FCC certification and voids everyone's authority to operate
the unit in the FRS.

No matter how you put it, we world be using an external apparatus to
rebroadcast the FRS signals;.

Paul Strasser

  _____