[Geysers] Geyser Report Sunday, July 15, 2012

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 16:13:13 PDT 2012

I found myself unexpectedly at Norris today.  What was to be a hike
never left Norris Geyser Basin, where there was lots of intersting
activity.  The UGB data reported here is compliments of Kitt Barger.
Norris data collected by MA Bellingham, Rocco Paperiello, Clark
Murray, and myself.

Beehive: 0651 (indicator @ 0636)
Grand: 0727 T2Q
West Triplet: 0749ie
Plume: 0713
Oblong: 0720ns
Riverside: 1029
Fountain: 1036ie

Whirligig: 1024  d=approx 3 minutes  great sound effects!
Constant: I saw several, but did not intend to linger there and was
not recording times
Incline Geyser ie: (this is what grabbed our attention big time at
about 0800)  Rocco dashed over to verify, then we both relocated from
Constant to Incline, hoping for a repeat.
Graceful: 1st approx 0800-0820, 2nd 1115
Collapsed Cave geyser: approx 40foot angled eruption during the 2nd Graceful
Vixen: minors at 1109 (40 sec, 6-8ft), 1158 (40sec, 8ft), 1249 (75sec,
13-14ft), 1341 (35sec, 8-10ft)

There was a black wolf feeding on an elk carcass at the base of the
Chocolate pots on my way home.   For 2 days in a row now I have seen a
bald eagle in the dead tree on the S side of the W entrance rd approx
1 mile W of the old nest across from a convenient pullout.

Tomorrow I will be out of the basin.

Barbara Lasseter