[Geysers] "Spire"

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 5 13:26:07 PST 2012

#1 As seen from near White Dome (looking west), it is to the left of the "Tangled Creek Geyser."  Height estimates ???? Without anything to serve as a measured point of reference, my best guestimate is 3-5 meters.

Here's what I reported on the listserv on September 6:
"I watched a new geyser in Tangled Creek over the two week period, which I called "Spire" because it looks like a slightly larger Pyramid or Uncertain.  Durations were 5-7 minutes; intervals 35-55 minutes.  I asked Bill Lewis and Sam Holbrook and both of them indicated they had never seen anything like it while they were stationed in the Lower Basin in the 60's and 70's and did mapping in the Tangled Creek Area.  Rocco Paperiello said it seems possible it is in the vicinity of a feature Sam called "Tonsil Geyser" on his map of the Tangled Creek vents, but the description of activity does not match anything Sam observed."

Lynn Stephens