[Geysers] Fw: eruption at Fountain Paint Pots

David Monteith dmonteit at comcast.net
Sun Feb 19 17:23:52 PST 2012

From: 	Paul Strasser <upperbasin at comcast.net>
To: 	'Geyser Observation Reports' <geysers at lists.wallawalla.edu>
Subject: 	RE: [Geysers] Fw: eruption at Fountain Paint Pots
Date: 	Sun, 19 Feb 2012 11:28:02 -0700 (02/19/2012 10:28:02 AM)

I am trying to figure out the angles here, and the double spikes close
together (with the one on the right being farther from the camera),  the
angle of the left burst (morning has many non-vertical splashes) and the
fact that the area around Fountain appears quiescent... I think it might
be Morning.  That is an awful lot of water in the air at one moment and
double spikes are not at all unusual for Morning,

Sigh - I expect to have my hopes cruelly dashed soon.  Maybe Morning's
Thief is just going bonkers.

Upon looking at it again, I do wonder if it is simply a large burst from
Thief, blown by the rather obvious gusty wind.  Hope it ain't.  It does
seem like an impressive volume.  Does anyone out there have photos of
the area from that vantage point?

Paul Strasser