[Geysers] Geyser sounds

Stephen P Shivers spshivers at usgs.gov
Wed Aug 29 09:59:47 PDT 2012

FYI - I use the free open source VLC Media player for listening to Real
Audio files.  Seems to work great and doesn't mess up my computer.

Steve Shivers
U.S. Geological Survey
Geospatial Liaison for the Dakotas
1608 Mountain View Road
Rapid City, SD  57702
605-394-3216
http://liaisons.usgs.gov/geospatial/SouthDakota/
http://liaisons.usgs.gov/geospatial/NorthDakota/
Twitter: @shiversusgs

From:
<sgryc at comcast.net>
To:
Geyser Observation Reports <geysers at lists.wallawalla.edu>
Date:
08/29/2012 09:27 AM
Re: [Geysers] Geyser sounds
Sent by:
<geysers-bounces at lists.wallawalla.edu>

Gary,

You are probably referring to the recordings that I made in 1996.  Here's
a link that will get you to a page where you
can access the sounds as Real Audio files:
http://kalvos.org/grycste.html#geysers.  I think it will still work, but I
don't
have Real Audio software, so I can't listen to the files myself.  If all
else fails, I can send you a CD.

You can hear some of the sounds in the film, Yellowstone: A Symphony of
Fire and Water, and the sounds are also
in use at the Canyon Museum.

Steve G.