[Geysers] Black Diamond

Brad Barth barth.brad at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 05:59:03 PDT 2012

Hello all,

Sorry I am late getting back to you.  I did not get any pictures of Black
Diamond.  If I had to do it over again, I still would "not" have fiddled
with my camera.  I feel as if I would have missed something.  The whole
eruption lasted possibly less than 10 seconds.  It erupted from the
northeast quadrant of the pool, where I normally see the bubbles come from.
 It started with a couple of bursts to maybe 10 ft, then a  burst of 50ft,
and 30ft, followed by a surging pool that made a tsunami effect on the far
side of wall pool.  One of my passengers got a partial shot from the other
side of Sapphire Pool, however it was just of a surging pool.  I talked a
few people that were in the area, and nobody took a shot.  I am surprised
that there are any shots of Black Diamond, as quick and chaotic is its
apparent nature.  One of the most amazing things I have ever seen in
Yellowstone, and I wish you all a future eruption.

Brad Barth