[Geysers] CORRECTION: 8 & 9 August 2012 for increased activity at gravel cone CGG-10

Mary Beth Schwarz schwarzmb at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 17:32:02 PDT 2012

     Correction: the increased activity and muddy eruptions of the gravel
cone CGG-10 were actually Wednesday 8 August and Thursday 9 August 2012.  I
was gone then and saw this activity first on 10 August.  The muddy
eruptions continue and as Scott said, we have not seen pauses of any length.

     Thanks Pat Snyder for the picture of this feature with clear water and
a smaller cone.  The cone is larger and wet and there is water thrown
outside the cone.

     The "handle" of "gravel cone" was just used so we could talk about it
easily.  It resembles the right vent of Sputnik that built a cone 3 or so
years ago only this one is a bit larger.

     Mary Beth Schwarz