[Geysers] Fan and Mortar 8/12/2012

robert lieb rflieb at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 09:37:40 PDT 2012

I was the one who called the lock for this eruption but I didn't see the start of the lock because I was at the picnic table reading when it started.  I was occasionally checking for signs of an event cycle but Gold and Angle never quieted down enough to make me leave the table to get a better look.  If I had been at the benches I'm sure I would have been able to give a better warning but I was running low on water and needed relief from the hot sun.   By the time I noticed the lock it was obvious that we were beyond the start of lock.   I did mention on the radio with the lock call that High was over 10 feet high and that Gold and Angle were huge also.

I was within minutes of leaving for home when I noticed the lock so it was a fantastic end to my 3 day trip to hopefully see F&M for the first time this year.  I just wish more gazers had been able to see it though.   Thank you F&M!

Robert Lieb