[Geysers] Fwd: Geyser Report Saturday, July 28, 2012

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 19:06:43 PDT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Barbara Lasseter <barbara.lasseter at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 19:43:17 -0400
Subject: Geyser Report Saturday, July 28, 2012
To: Geyser Observation Reports <Geysers at lists.wallawalla.edu>

Despite a notice that my emails to the list serve will be delayed by 2
days, (temporarily, I trust) I am drafting another report for today.
As the author, I don't receive my own reports and have no idea when
they reach you.  l will be out of the basin tomorrow and Wednesday,
and chip sealing starts Monday, so we'll see how accessible the basin
will be once that gets started.

The morning began with a scratchy fragment of a radio call that
included the word "lock" as I approached Biscuit Basin shortly after
0630.  Once at the Lower Store, I grabbed my bicycle and headed down
basin.  Fan and Mortar (last eruption 1131 on 7/25) was doing
interesting stuff.  High was in lock, Main had been splashing, and
Angle was producing a tall, noisy column of steam.  At one point, Gold
came on respectably but briefly, and High and Angle continued their
behavior--probably 1/2 an hour or so total, before all quieted down,
and Angle started splashing.  On to other things!

Beehive: dead quiet--no sign of water til a light splash about 1115.
Grand: 0027e, 0645 D0/G2C (dense fog--eruption not visible from Castle
or paved trail en route to F&M), 1339 G2*Q
West Triplet: 1331
Plume: 0856, 1004, 1110, 1218, 1418
Lion: 0552, 0757, 0906, 0959
Little Cub ie @ 0900, 1009, 1042, 1118
Castle: [7/27 1926], 0924 3rd major in a row!
Oblong: 0822, 1305
Riverside: 0804, 1410ns
Daisy: 1048, 1315ns
Grotto: 1121
Grotto Fountain: 1119
Fountain: 1042 D=43
Great Fountain: 0230e
Sawmill: 0517ie (off by/about 0615), 0843ie (off by 1247)
Tilt's Baby: 0953,...., empty at 1356
N Goggles Minors @ 1040, 1215, 1304

Barbara Lasseter