[Geysers] Fwd: Geyser Report Friday July 27, 2012

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 19:06:02 PDT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Barbara Lasseter <barbara.lasseter at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 16:12:03 -0400
Subject: Geyser Report Friday July 27, 2012
To: Geyser Observation Reports <Geysers at lists.wallawalla.edu>

I hear the actual laying down of road tar and rock chips on the West
Entrance Road is expected to be done on Monday.  Early AM was warm and
overcast, and geyser hill showed minimal steam.  The sun pushing above
the ridgeline created a narrow band (with dark clouds above) that
looked like a fire was trying to climb over the hill.  It stayed 63
degrees most of the morning, but stiff winds pushed those dark clouds
away fairly early.  Come midday they returned and delivered a few
large rain drops--just in time for Great Fountain.

Beehive: 1131 (indicator @ 1111) after an eruption about 8PM last night
Grand: [7/26 @ 2146e], 0400e, 1007 G1C
West Triplet: 1015
Rift: 1051
Plume: 0636,..., 0844, 0944ie, 1044, 1152
Lion: 0010
Little Cub ie @ 0641, ...,1025, 1103
Depression: 0747
Aurum: not reported all day yesterday or up to 1145 today
Castle:  0057e minor, 0444e, 0514ie steam
Oblong: 0754, 1028
Daisy: 0518ie, 0801
Great Fountain: [7/26 at 1315 p=2], 0109e, 1238 p=5 or 6 (I was watching
from White Dome, so if those on the scene have other times, go with
theirs)
Tilt's Baby: empty @ 0635, full at 0920, empty @ 1239
White Dome: 0740, 0811,....,1214, 1239
Artemisia was seen last night at 2313