[Geysers] geyser-heated poultry house (Stephens)

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 15 07:55:07 PDT 2012

I'm working on another article for The Sput.  As I was reading through some items from Yellowstone Nature Notes, I came across a reference to a "geyser-heated poultry house maintained by the winter keeper of the Inn" in an article written by Ranger Charles Phillips.  (The article appeared in the February 28, 1927 edition of Yellowstone Nature Notes; April 12, 1927 Phillips was found dead on the floor of his cabin at the Old Faithful Station, apparently from eating water hemlock.)  Does anyone have or know where I can find information on the "geyser-heated poultry house?"  (I skimmed through Les Quinn's "Old Faithful Village Timeline" but didn't see a reference to the poultry house.) Thanks. Lynn Stephens