[Geysers] Weird sentenc in Mother Jones

Graber, Jim jgra at loc.gov
Thu Apr 5 12:35:09 PDT 2012

Spence "Dispossessing the Wilderness:  Indian Removal and the Making of the National Parks"  Chapter 4 on Yellowstone indicates the dispute continued from the 1870s through the 1890s and beyond, but mentions only a few armed conflicts and only one specific Indian fatality on July 13 1895.
Jim Graber