[Geysers] Quick Report

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Sun May 22 04:24:05 PDT 2011

Just a quick report on some data I've collected since I arrived Thursday about 11 am--

Fountain was having long intervals-->11 1/2 hr, 9h12m, 10-1/2 hr, 8:50 average overnight, then a "shorter" interval yesterday of just under 8 hours.  Spasm seems to start ABOUT 6 hours after the preceding Fountain.  Spasm eruptions last 15-20 minutes at intervals of 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 hours.  Sometimes Super Frying pan shuts Jet off; sometimes it doesn't.  Fountain durations about 35-40 minutes.  Each of the eruptions where data has been collected, Clepsydra has had at least one pause following Fountain's eruption.

Till averaging about 9 hours major to major.  Duration about 30 minutes; quiet for about 15 minutes after major eruption ends, then afterburst cycle starts.

Atomizer major to major triple interval averaged just over 17 hours from Barbara's 14:09 eruption to a major eruption yesterday afternoon.

Lynn