[Geysers] Transactions Editors Seek Cover Photo of Grand Geyser

Pat Snyder riozafiro at gmail.com
Sat May 21 18:20:16 PDT 2011

Hello Everyone.
The GOSA Transactions editors are seeking a photo of Grand Geyser for the
cover of Transactions Volume XII. This was planned before the May 15, 2011,
six-burst Grand eruption, but now it seems even more appropriate to feature
this wonderful geyser on the Transactions cover for the first time!

If you have a photo you'd like to submit, please note the guidelines below:

1. The picture should be vertical, to fit the shape of the cover (8.5 x 11
inches).

2. The photograph should show Grand Geyser prominently, but can also include
nearby geysers such as Vent Geyser and Turban Geyser.

3. The original should be a high-resolution color digital file (at least 8 x
10 inches at 300 dpi, at least 5 megabytes in size). Unfortunately, for the
cover shot, we cannot accept slides or prints; however, we will consider
slides or prints that have been scanned digitally if they are high
resolution files. We would also prefer that it be in color.

4. For consideration, please send a smaller jpg version of the file to *
gosatransactions at gmail.com *(under 2 mb in size). We will evaluate the
smaller files and choose the cover shot, then ask for the larger file to be
sent prior to printing.

5. If your photo is chosen, it will be reproduced on the cover, but it will
also appear in advertisements for T-12, so it will be on the GOSA Website
and in the Sput, among other possible publications. Please be willing to
have your photo reproduced in this manner.

6. The final photo may be cropped to fit the size and shape of the cover and
to accommodate the GOSA Transactions title.

7. Because GOSA is a volunteer organization, we ask that the one-time use of
your photograph for this purpose be a donation to GOSA. You will retain all
rights to subsequent use. You will receive credit in Transactions Volume XII
for the use of your photograph.

8. Deadline: September 1, 2011. In early October 2011, we'll let everyone
know which photo will be on the cover.

9. Please include the following information in the body of the email with
your submission attached:
Your name
Your email address.
Date and time of the Grand Geyser eruption, if you know.
Any other information about the photo

Thank you!
The Transactions Editors: Tara Cross, Jeff Cross and Pat Snyder