[Geysers] Little Brother Geyser

Karen Low yellowstonekaren at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 26 12:47:46 PDT 2011

I went for a quick after lunch stroll on plowed roads.  I saw one eruption of
Little Brother Geyser, so it is active, but doing long intervals.  The front
pool of Three Sisters Spring is cooler in temperature and has bacteria in it.
 The mudpots near the road have some nice little cones built up.  White Geyser
is active.

We also saw 4 bison carcasses.  There were only ravens feeding on them, although
yesterday maintenance guys saw an eagle on one of the carcasses. One southwest
of the overpass in the meadow, one southeast of the overpass, in the curve of
the incoming road, one in the middle of the outgoing lane (with orange cones
around it), and one to the east of the incoming road.  The two carcasses by the
overpass haven't even been opened up yet.  (No, bison carcasses aren't geyser
related, but I figured no one mind the info on the geyser list.)

Karen Low