[Geysers] the quiet time

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 17 13:34:14 PDT 2011

I've been in different parts of the geyser basin the last couple days...

March 16:  New wolf tracks approaching Geyser Hill and by Giantess
                Tardy 1100 i.e.
                Grand had a pretty low pool
                Grotto 1117 i.e.
                Riverside 1128
                New Fan & Mortar marker (no bison calf that day...)

March 17:  Black Sand and Biscuit are still there, nothing unusual, but all is beautiful
                Jewel 1048; I somehow missed a second one
                New impressive snow marker at Fan & Mortar; the whole basin is one impressive snow marker
                No other human sign; not much bison sign even

The plows arrive Monday,

Carolyn Loren