[Geysers] 3/15

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 15 15:25:58 PDT 2011

The Fan & Mortar marker was washed mid-morning; no rangers were out checking it Sunday or Monday though.

Oblong erupted at 0940, and I saw wolf tracks near it and the Lower Store this morning.  Howling was heard northeast of Old Faithful early, but the bison weren't bunched up the way they were on Saturday by 0900 or so, so perhaps the wolves moved on.  They could choose among 7 plus bison carcasses if they so chose.

On this last day of the winter season, a winter storm watch is on with up to 45 mph winds through Wednesday night.  Good luck seeing what you can tomorrow on the cam...  I'll be around, and will report when I can.

Carolyn Loren