[Geysers] "Nifty" Geyser

Stephen Eide stepheneide at cableone.net
Mon Jun 27 20:02:26 PDT 2011

Hello Pat,

Nifty has been pretty active the last few springs, it seems to be more
active when the Sawmill system is in Penta-Churn mode but that is not
required.  It can erupt for over an hour several times a day when it is very
active.  I think (like Old Tardy) it usually erupts when the rest of the
system is in drain.  The times I remember it erupting I also remember Oval
Pool being low.  Also, the when Nifty is erupting the new hole between Nifty
and the boardwalk (to the northeast) steams and you can hear if gurgle in
the hole.  This hole looks like a buffalo broke through the ground but it
may have other origins.  I don't remember how old Nifty is, maybe someone
else has that data.

Steve Eide