[Geysers] Google images

SnowMoon Photography janet at snowmoon.us
Mon Jun 20 07:32:17 PDT 2011

I'm not sure the two are aiming for the same results - I'm not very
familiar with what Google's up to, but I use TinEye regularly. TinEye
works to help find YOUR photo - the exact photo you ask it to find and
variations on it and where it's being used on the internet - their Mona
Lisa Widget
<http://blog.tineye.com/2008/06/25/everything-is-visual-introducing-the-tineye-mona-lisa-widget/>
shows this the best. So it might come up with similar eruptions if taken
from a similar angle, but I use it regularly to check for places where
my photos show up. Basically it's one way to help protect my copyright
and to connect to those who are using my images appropriately.

A note on copyright: If you want to protect your images, all you really
need to do is to put © on your photos (alt + 0169) and your name - it
gives limited protection. The best is to just register everything with
the copyright office before you put it up anywhere - that gives your
automatic copyright you get when releasing the shutter the teeth to
really enforce it. If you prefer allowing use of your photos, use the
Creative Commons licensing. Making your wishes clear helps everyone. If
you want to learn more - Carolyn Wright, Photo Attorney
<http://www.photoattorney.com/> has answers to most questions on her blog.

Janet White
SnowMoon, LLC
SnowMoon Photography