[Geysers] 1928 - Yellowstone's Youngest Geyser is a Prodigy (Google news archive)

V ynp4me at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 11 10:13:11 PDT 2011

Google's Newspaper Archive is getting better by the day!
If you are not aware of it... I may have just started a
project or in the very least - a few hour search for your
favorite geyser info - through their archives!

So many interesting old Yellowstone stories to find and sift
through!   I figured a few of you would enjoy this one ;-)

~ Vicky   (Madison says Hi -  Lynn!)

FROM 1928....

August 7, 1928 - Pittsburgh Press

Yellowstone's Youngest Geyser is a Prodigy

A New geyser, whose volume of water discharge is greater
than any known in Yellowstone National Park since Old Excelsior geyser stopped
playing in 1988, has broken out in the Fairy Creek section of the lower geyser
basin of this great region of thermal phenomena.

more story at this link:
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=xiQbAAAAIBAJ&sjid=QkoEAAAAIBAJ&pg=3856,14982&dq=yellowstone&hl=en