[Geysers] More Oblong series

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri Jun 10 08:03:37 PDT 2011

As was suggested, the early issues of The Sput contain a bit of info about
Oblong erupting in series. The following is from 1988 (I failed to check
just  which issue -- sorry):

Oblonq -- Enjoyably Erratic
Oblong is typically ranging from 24 to 48  hours between eruptive
episodes. The average interval is likely near 30  hours. I say"episodes"
because when there is one eruption, there may be a  second and third.
As seen in 1986-87, the interval between the first and  second play is
typically around 2-2 1/2 hours; the next interval, when  it happens (and
it usually does not) is of 28-42 minutes. Interestingly, the  majority
of eruption series have occurred near the time of something by  Giant,
and is therefore believed to serve as something of an indicator  worth
watching for.