EXTERNAL: [Geysers] New Zealand

Freund, Udo udo.freund at lmco.com
Thu Feb 24 07:18:44 PST 2011

See map attached.  The epicenter was near Christchurch on South Island.  Geothermals are on North Island, several hundred miles away and presumably relatively unaffected.

I too have been thinking about our Kiwi geyser friends.  I believe they all reside near Auckland or Rotorua on North Island.  One can only hope those affected by the quake make a speedy recovery.  We certainly wish them well.

Thanks,
Udo Freund
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."
--Will Rogers