[Geysers] New Zealand

caros at xmission.com caros at xmission.com
Wed Feb 23 17:13:48 PST 2011

Hoping this doesn't sound inappropriately callous, but are our friends
like Ron Keam down under doing OK? And (this was the really callous
question), has this second big quake nuked the thermal features? Or
might we see Waimangu sort out its plumbing system and erupt again?
Hearing from lots of people (fortunately, most are OK) but was hoping
the lack of info on the NZ thermal features doesn't mean our geyser
friends (carbon and silicon-based) have been harmed.
Karen Webb