[Geysers] FW: VOLCANO: Recent images of unusually extensive and active Dallol hot springs

Bill Johnson mwjohnson at lanl.gov
Tue Feb 8 08:47:28 PST 2011

I suspect I'm not the only geyser gazer on Arizona State University's
VOLCANO mailing list, so this may be old news to many of us, but probably
not to all.  The images of "geysers" are almost at the bottom of the cited
web page.  (Notice the one that's canary yellow.)  I have no opinion as to
whether these things constitute real "geysers" or not, but either way,
they're plenty interesting.

Now if the "geyser" in our garage, resulting from a burst pipe after that
hideous storm roared through last week, would stop acting like a perpetual
spouter, and go as long before its next eruption as the similarly-sized
Steamboat has, life would be good.

-- Bill.