[Geysers] Old Faithful in WY Tourism Ad (Young)

Jacob Young jakefrisbee at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 29 11:29:10 PDT 2011

Attached is a low-quality photo of an advertisement in downtown Denver, CO on the side of the Denver Performing Arts Complex at 14th St and Curtis St.

It reads "Old Faithful Performing Hourly Since 100,000 B.C." and gives a website address for Wyoming tourism.  I've tried to find an online version, but to no avail.

I stood there for a while trying to figure out if the Old Faithful photo was altered because it looks like Old Faithful is erupting almost right on top of the boardwalk.  The ad is about 30 feet tall and is quite stunning (to me, anyway) even if it does perpetuate a common Old Faithful myth.

Jake