[Geysers] Chinaman photo

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sat Aug 6 07:49:45 PDT 2011

Sometime quite a long time ago I got this photo -- I think Mike Keller
might have posted it ? -- showing Chinaman Spring erupting in 1950. JPG is
attached. (Yeah, I know it is now "Chinese Spring," a name I intentionally
place  inside quotes.) Two things:

1. Note the shovel on the ground. Most likely Marler was up to  something.

2. My question: does anybody know the meaning of the sign in the left
background, down the slope toward the river below Chinaman? Seems like an odd
place for a sign.