[Geysers] Wed Sept 8

tsbryan at aol.com tsbryan at aol.com
Wed Sep 8 16:53:09 PDT 2010

I know most if not all of the following will be reported by others, so sort of to emphasize:

It is quite clear that Beehive has not had an eruption since the 1907 on September 6. since the weekend, when we anticipated Indicator intervals of around 4 hours, the intervals have shortened to about 3 1/2 hours. today: 0416, 0751, 1103 (d>60 min), 1434 (d>/=59 min). So the next Indicator should happen in a few minutes as I write this at 1749.

North Goggles Geyser had a major eruption this morning, at 0837. Several gazers saw it; I did not, as I was at Grand.

Castle had a 4 minute minor at 0628, a major at 1152ns.

I stand thoroughly corrected about Bulger, having now been told that it has had numerous majors this season. As I saw twice today.

Oblong is quite frequent: 0652ie, 1032, and 1418. Then Angle came on before River, Gold, and High... and as of 1600, there had been nothing else to rreport from there.

At about 0845, Fan's main vent splashed three times.

In the Lower Basin, Pink Cone had ended its eruption before dawn, as it had done yesterday. It therefore seems likely that it won't again be a daylight geysder for quite a while.

Another thing people had talked about is Labial, apparently seen only very rarely. But Pat Snyder and Graham Meech saw it yesterday. I don't have the time, just the report.