[Geysers] Norris Disturbance

Bill Johnson canbelto at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 19:50:01 PDT 2010

I'll second the thanks, and also the interesting stuff about Vixen, on which
I have two additional observations, one with a question attached.

First, we were there with the Thompsons for one major (on 8/30), and noticed
that during the major, Vixen was bringing up quite a number of small rocks.
We didn't see any rocks during the several minors that we saw.  Second, and
the question: both minors and majors were erupting crystal-clear water --
which we found interesting because of the oft-reported tendency of Norris
geysers to erupt muddy, or at least slightly dirty, water at Disturbance
time.  I'd never seen Vixen before, Disturbance or no Disturbance; was it
one that got muddy during Disturbances in the past?

-- Bill.