[Geysers] geyser report Tues 5-26-10

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Wed May 26 19:53:22 PDT 2010

I was not in the park Sun-Mon.

Spent most of Tues watching Lone Pine overflow and bubble a bit.  A
change at the loft at Fishing Bridge General Store--it no longer has a
clearance section, ladies!    The lake surface was still mostly
covered with slushy looking ice, but the river was flowing clear at
Fishing Bridge.  Craig pass was open, icy and treacherous (snow tires
or chains recommended) in the AM, but dry and clear on my return after
1530.

Today was dry but a bit windy.  This may be the end of "dry" for a few
days, but the 8-20 inches of overnight snow forecast for West
Yellowstone Monday night missed us entirely, so we can hope!

There is a chance that geyser hill will reopen tomorrow.   Only once
have I seen active work in passing Biscuit Basin since my arrival in
the park.  It remains closed.
No bike racks yet at Castle, Grotto, or Morning Glory.

Plume: 0517, 0624, 0735, 0840,...1035
Lion: 0658, 0807,....1110, 1326, 1435ie
Aurum: 0805
Castle had a 3min minor at 0625 after an  apparent major last night
Grand: 0420e, 1417 G1c
W Triplet: 1249 (off at 1319 w/no Rift)
Oblong: 1228ie
Riverside: 1147
Daisy 1227
Grotto was ie at 0637, off when I went by at 0904, then started at 1106
Penta and Fan & Mortar both got new markers this AM
Atomizer major 1001

Saw a snowshoe hare, brown with fuzzy white feet, on the Morning Glory
side of the Artemisia hill this AM, and a tiny wild parsley-looking
plant has started to bloom there.

Barbara Lasseter