[Geysers] Seasonality of Giant (Stephens)

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Wed May 5 18:31:09 PDT 2010

There was some discussion about which months are "good" for Giant on the webcam chat page today.  Here's an updated chart showing the proportion of all known eruptions after 1955 through January 2010 for each month:

11.6
      Nov.

11.3
      Sept.

11.3
      Oct.

10.2
      Jan

9.1
      April

9.1
      Dec.

8.4
      March

8.0
      Feb

6.5
      Augus

6.2
      July

5.1
      May

3.3
      June

Since it is highly probable my Yellowstone time will be limited to Memorial Day weekend through July 4 in 2010, looks like it's very unlikely I'll get to see Giant this year!

Lynn Stephens