[Geysers] Beehive's Indicator

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Mon May 3 16:24:11 PDT 2010

Someone asked today on the webcam chat page if anyone knew the length of the average Beehive Indicator.  I just happened to have the answer available for 2009 data.  From 1/1/09 through 10/12/09, there were 192 observations available.  Lead time on the Indicator varied from 0 to 31 minutes with a mean of 13.3 minutes.  86% of the lead times in 2009 were from 8 to 18 minutes.

In typing old logbooks, I've noted entries stating "Indicator duration = xxx minutes" where "xxx" was actually the lead time, rather than the duration of the Indicator.  In 2009 the Indicator continued just under 3 minutes after Beehive started, based on 24 observations, for a mean total duration of 16m30s.