[Geysers] Strokkur Geyser From Janet Chapple

David Monteith dmonteit at comcast.net
Mon Jul 5 12:25:54 PDT 2010

It took a couple extra days to send this message from Janet Chaapple
because I was out of town and didn't have access to the software I
needed to reduce the size of the original image.

Dave

                              From:
JOChapple <jochapple at earthlink.net>
                                To:
Geyser Observation Reports
<geysers at lists.wallawalla.edu>
                           Subject:
Strokkur Geyser
                              Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 2010 09:08:08 -0700

        For those of us who can't make it to Yellowstone this month,
        here is a slight diversion courtesy of my son-in-law, Niklas
        Dellby, who returned from a trip to Iceland in mid June. I asked
        him to forward me his picture of Strokkur and also the URL for
        his brief YouTube video of two eruptions a few seconds apart.

        I didn't know before I saw this that Strokkur has blue bubbles,
        not unlike the best of Great Fountain's. Can anyone tell me
        about other geysers that produce blue bubbles—and do you
        scientists out there have an explanation for them?

        The YouTube URL is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXXFKRuWWLM.
        There are several other Strokkur videos at the same site with
        even more beautiful eruptions. The bursts last from 3 to 5
        seconds each.

        Janet Chapple