[Geysers] Activity at Biscuit Basin

Karen Low yellowstonekaren at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 26 16:59:02 PST 2010

Nancy Olsen, who guides for Yellowstone Expeditions, stopped me today (1/26/10) at Fountain Paint Pots to ask me the name of the feature that she and her tour group saw eruption at Biscuit Basin.  She and her guests described that something erupted about 25-30 feet high, of black looking water, from right by the river, about 50 feet downstream of the bridge across the river from the parking lot.  She said they were up by Sapphire Pool when they saw it, and that it did three bursts.  They said it was still splashing a few feet afterward.

The above information I got by asking detailed questions.  I told her I didn't know what it was, and that it may be new activity.  From the splashing they describe, I'm wondering if it is from near what we called Salt and Pepper for a while before it cleared itself out.

I may get to Biscuit Basin tomorrow with my photo charter, but I'm not positive.

Karen Low