[Geysers] Brief geyser report

Seeyellowstone at aol.com Seeyellowstone at aol.com
Mon Jan 25 06:09:51 PST 2010

01/21  Fountain      13:17 ie
01/21  Fountain      10:15 ie
01/21   Jet              13:07

Wolves spent the day at 7 mile bridge trying to bring down an elk, Bighorn
sheep, elk and moose at Big Sky, and a handfull of bison between  Biscuit
and Midway. Also about 70 bull elk in the Gallatin District.

There was about 6-10 inches of new snow in the park, with 12-20 at Big Sky,
 all of which is much needed.  the snowpack is still very low, especially
south of Big Sky.  We had traveled Targhee Pass a couple of weeks ago,  and
there was 6 inches on the west side.  Of, course a couple of good
snowstorms can turn it around, but as of now it is looking to be a very low snow
year.

I haven't been in too much so that the guides can get as much work as
possible, in these slow times.  With the cut in snowmobiles and the  economy,
winter use in the park is rapidly drying up, and almost seems like it  is
dying a slow death.

Jim Holstein
Yellowstone Tour Guides