[Geysers] Requests for Information

Paul Strasser upperbasin at comcast.net
Sun Jan 10 21:27:47 PST 2010

Jamie Espy was a very kind soul, whose favorite expression of surprise was,
'Well, I declare," in the thickest, most syrupy southern accent you can
imagine.  He was occasionally difficult to understand; once in 1976 or 77 he
was with me and my brother Pete at Daisy and we saw a large geyser erupt in
the distance behind the Inn.  "What's that?" asked Pete.

Wha, tha's Rahouuuw," said Jamie.

"What?"

Jamie repeated it.  "Rahouuuw."

"Could you spell that?"

Jamie smiled.  "Wha, tha's AWW OHHH Youuuu ENNNN  Deeee.  Rahouuuuw."

"Oh," said Pete.  "Rahouuuuw."

"Tha's rahhht," said Jamie.

He worked at the Ham's store in 78 or 79, but passed away not much later
than that.

Paul Strasser

  _____