[Geysers] Midway

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 28 15:54:10 PST 2010

I stopped at Midway yesterday, and noticed Turquoise was receiving strong overflow and that the back blown-out portion was 2/3 full.  Orange thermophiles are living down in the pool.

In contrast, Opal had a lower water level than I've seen lately, but also had some thermophiles growing inside.  It's getting overflow from Grand Prismatic, as it has for a while.

Today, 2/28, at Fountain Paint Pots, Super Frying Pan was i.e. 1538, and apparently just after I left, it stopped and Spasm started erupting.  The most recent Fountain time I know of is a few days ago, 1147 or thereabouts.  A recent download I saw (looked at because of the earthquake swarm) showed about 6 hour intervals.  I don't know how this compares with this past summer?

Carolyn Loren