[Geysers] Upper Geyser Basin, Friday, 12/17/2010

Karen Low yellowstonekaren at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 17 14:26:48 PST 2010

I spent a bit of time this afternoon out in the basin, after the fog lifted.

I'm pretty sure that a steam cloud I saw at 1322ie was Daisy, but I was down by
Fan & Mortar at the time.  Fan and Mortar seems quiet.  There was snow and frost
on the platform covering the marker.  I caught Oblong at 1339, after only
waiting a few minutes for it (watched a coyote in that area.)

Grand's prediction was for 3:15pm, but it was a bit too chilly when the wind
came up to wait for it.  West Triplet was ie 1355.  Bulger was active, and
Sawmill started at 1403.

Karen Low