[Geysers] Geysers Over 100 Feet

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Wed Dec 8 06:52:15 PST 2010

Being a bit curmudgeonly, if we're dealing with _average_ tourists, then
the list might have be shortened to Old Faithful only!

Jeff also posted this (to me only):
"In a conversation today, I was talking with Professor Francis Brown, of
the University of Utah.  He told me that, back in the 1970s, he had seen a
large geyser erupt in the "lower Omo Valley" of Africa, near Lake Turkana.
The height of the eruption was estimated at 100 feet.  The geyser was
observed in eruption only twice by Prof. Brown."

All I can say to that is that there are high-temperature hot springs
throughout that region. Sometime several years ago, I had somebody (I do not
remember who) tell me something similar, [paraphrased] "a large geyser in
Ethiopia north of Lake Turkana." I know nothing more than that, but Prof.
Brown's report is no doubt reliable.