EXTERNAL: [Geysers] New OFVEC webcam

JOHN WARNOCK johnwarnock at msn.com
Tue Aug 24 08:37:59 PDT 2010

We had this discussion last year regarding putting a cam on the roof of the Inn.  For those who have been up in the "crows nest" it affords incredible views down basin.  As i recall, the Park service was not thrilled with the idea because of maintenance and expense.  In my opinion, poppycock...it would be awesome to have that view, even if the camera became inoperable in the winter because of access problems.  If funding is a problem we should team up with the Yellowstone Foundation (they appear as donors on the existing cameras) and Cannon, to purchase a camera,  pay for installation and provide funds for ongoing maintenance, even if it would require a $5.00 increase in GOSA fees.  Just my .16 cents worth.

John Warnock