[Geysers] Names Proposals

Lee_Whittlesey at nps.gov Lee_Whittlesey at nps.gov
Tue Aug 3 06:45:08 PDT 2010

Jeff---Ask Rocco P. and Mike Keller also, but I think that we are good on
all of these designations. There are no duplicates or reuse of an historic
name here, at least that I am aware of.

Thanks much for checking. It is a good policy for everyone---to check
before designating.

Lee Whittlesey
Park Historian

             JEFFREY CROSS
             <jeff.cross at utah.
             edu>                                                       To
             Sent by:                  Geyser Observation Reports
             <geysers-bounces@         <geysers at lists.wallawalla.edu>
             lists.wallawalla.                                          cc
             edu>
                                                                   Subject
                                       [Geysers] Names Proposals
             08/01/2010 10:30
             PM

             Please respond to
                  Geyser
                Observation
                  Reports
             <geysers at lists.wa
               llawalla.edu>

I am currently writing a report on geyser activity observed by me during
mid-July of this year.  In writing it, I have devised several names.  I am
sending this message to the list to see if any of the following features
have a previous name:

Pinhole Geyser--a tiny vent (Paperiello #106) that erupts just below Shell
Geyser in the Fissure Group at Heart Lake Geyser Basin.
Porthole Geyser--a vent (Paperiello #101) perched high above the rushing
waters of Witch Creek, like the porthole on a ship; also in the Fissure
Group.
Cap Geyser--a vent next to Paperiello #70 (the most prominent perpetual
spouter atop the main fissure in the Fissure Group) that is partly covered
by a sinter cap.
Wizard Spring--a vent about 125 feet north of Rabbit Creek Geyser in Rabbit
Valley.  The periodic appearance of blue flames within the two vents make
it seem that fire is being summoned from the depths.
The Channel Spouters--the complex of cones in Scott Bryan's Channel Group,
just upstream from Lone Star Geyser.

Jeff Cross
Geysers mailing list
Geysers at lists.wallawalla.edu