[Geysers] Names Proposals

JEFFREY CROSS jeff.cross at utah.edu
Sun Aug 1 21:30:25 PDT 2010

I am currently writing a report on geyser activity observed by me during mid-July of this year.  In writing it, I have devised several names.  I am sending this message to the list to see if any of the following features have a previous name:

Pinhole Geyser--a tiny vent (Paperiello #106) that erupts just below Shell Geyser in the Fissure Group at Heart Lake Geyser Basin.
Porthole Geyser--a vent (Paperiello #101) perched high above the rushing waters of Witch Creek, like the porthole on a ship; also in the Fissure Group.
Cap Geyser--a vent next to Paperiello #70 (the most prominent perpetual spouter atop the main fissure in the Fissure Group) that is partly covered by a sinter cap.
Wizard Spring--a vent about 125 feet north of Rabbit Creek Geyser in Rabbit Valley.  The periodic appearance of blue flames within the two vents make it seem that fire is being summoned from the depths.
The Channel Spouters--the complex of cones in Scott Bryan's Channel Group, just upstream from Lone Star Geyser.

Jeff Cross
jeff.cross at utah.edu