[Geysers] Another Norris report.

MA Bellingham mabdepot at msn.com
Thu Apr 29 20:39:49 PDT 2010

Greetings,

I made a UGB trip on Tuesday to beat the storm that was forecast.  I enjoyed my first Fountain of 2010 in roaring winds as the storm front moved in. The morning time was IE, interval there was nearly 6 hours.  We couldn't see Morning's Thief due to wind/steam direction. The UGB has been covered by Webcam, Warnock and will be updated by Steve Eide, that leaves my 1 hour and 3 hour stops at Norris to and fro the UGB.

Fireball continues activity with durations of 7 minutes and intervals of 15 minutes.  That's right, it was in eruption nearly 50% of the time, at least this visit.

Lava Pool Complex exhibited one puny burst while I was there.

Constant contines at 25-30 minute intervals, with or without a 2nd burst approximately 3 minutes later.

Arsenic erupted with a D=24.

I won't regale you with weekly data, but will keep you informed if there are any major changes.  After the roads open again, that is... I think I put away the snowshoes a bit too soon.

MA

M.A. Bellingham

mabdepot at msn.com