[Geysers] FW: Geyser Report April 10, 2010

Carlton Cross Carlton.Cross at wallawalla.edu
Sun Apr 11 20:27:03 PDT 2010

From: Mike Keller [mailto:kscope_ynp at yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2010 6:14 PM
To: geysers-bounces at lists.wallawalla.edu
Subject: Geyser Report April 10, 2010

I spent most of the day in the Upper Basin on Saturday:

Little Brother Geyser is dormant.  The pool is a few inches below overflow and filled with orange bacteria.

Castle 0954ie-minor, then 1454ie H2O-major

Grand 0947 (N/T1C) d=9:27, then 1745 (N/T1Q) d=10:09.

West Triplet 0832 d=32m, and again at 1805 d>41m.  Rift 1846ns

Beauty Pool was in overflow.

Oblong 0936

Giant has not erupted since January.  There is no evidence that hot periods are taking place.  Bijou was perpetually erupting and there were frequent surges 1/3 to 1/2 way up the cone from Giant.

Daisy at 0820, 1053, 1330, one missed eruption, then 1815.  There is no evidence that Splendid has done anything in recent months.

Grotto 0941 with Grotto Fountain, duration of about 3 hours, then 1743 without Grotto Fountain.

Riverside 1113 and 1733

Link has not had a major eruption in the past several weeks.

Fan and Mortar were not marked.  I placed a marker on it at 1130.

At Black Sand Basin, there appears to be little change to last fall.  Cliff, Ragged, Jagged, Spouter, and the small UNNG by Green Spring are active.  Sunset Lake is dormant.

At Biscuit Basin, the water in Black Diamond was lightly opaque but clear enough to see several inches into the pool.  It does not appear that it has erupted in the past 7-10 days.  Avoca Spring is very active.  I witnessed one eruption that reached about 12 feet high and hit the boardwalk.  There is evidence that Avoca is having larger eruptions as the runoff channel is being used.  In the 10 minutes I was in the area I did not witness an eruption that put any water down this channel.  The boardwalk crew is currently replacing the trail from the Firehole River bridge to Sapphire Pool.

MK

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5019 (20100412) __________

http://www.eset.com